Katie McCall has been a full-time actress for nearly twenty years. She began her training in theatre as a teenager living in England. From there she majored in theatre at the University of Mary Washington. When the right role comes along you’ll find her in front of the footlights. After a 5-year stint on a top-rated morning radio show, Katie began her career as a full time on-camera and voice talent, enjoying national and regional work.
Click here to review her resume.
A full-time voice talent, Katie is accessible via ISDN, and also has the capability to record and send voice files from her home studio, in whatever format you prefer: mp3, wav, aif. Auditions welcome! Katie’s union status is “financial core” so she is eligible for both union and non-union projects.
From a bright, cheerful, retail read, to a sincere, genuine, “real person” voice, Katie has a wide range. She takes direction easily, and can make the most subtle of shifts to bring your script or copy to life.
Voice-Over Skills Include:
- Audio Books
- Training, business and sales presentations
- Web/Social Media
- IVR, voicemail, phone systems, in-store announcements, and on-hold messages
In addition to voice-over work, Katie is also an experienced spokesperson on-camera.
Whether you need an authoritative presence, or a friendly, relatable presence, Katie can adjust to suit your project. To make things go smoothly on the set, Katie is highly proficient with a teleprompter, and is comfortable both interviewing and ad-libbing.
On-Camera Skills Include:
- Character Roles
- Host for training films, business and sales presentations
After 20 years in the media arena, Katie can help you make the most of both your money and air time. If you find yourself in front of a microphone and/or camera unprepared, it can be a very unsettling experience. Katie can coach you so that you know what to expect, and are confident when these opportunities arise.
- Honing Your Message: Air time is often limited to sound-bites, and time is money. Make the most of it with a finely-tuned message that produces the results you want. It’s much more effective to take the time to prepare in advance, rather than waiting until you’re put on the spot!
- On-Camera Coaching: From what to wear, to where to look, Katie can prepare you for any on-camera appearance. What to expect, how to focus your message to fit the time restraints, how to breathe and combat nerves, are just a few things you’ll learn in your coaching sessions.
- On-Air Coaching: If you have the opportunity to be interviewed on the radio or an internet show, learn how to share your message in a way that will produce results and a call to action. Again, if you’ve never been in front of a microphone, Katie can help demystify the process for you, so you know what to expect, and how to make the most of your airtime.
- Public Speaking: Few things tend to scare many people more than public speaking! It may be something you can’t avoid, or it may be a way to advance your career. In any case, don’t let your fear of public speaking hold you back. From “reframing” your beliefs about being in front of people, to practical advice on the physicality of being in front of a crowd, Katie can help you find your voice, presence, and the confidence to share your message in a public speaking format.